Friday, December 14, 2007

KIDS!


You got a slight palpitation when you read this title, didn't you...?! Admit it!
Well, we have finally started something in regard to our plans to help kids here. We met a priest, and from one thing to another, he offered us some classroom space where I (Cat) will give Feldenkrais sessions to kids with disabilities and I may also teach an English class.
Bo might teach a storytelling class as well. It's a start, considering that no one answered us until now..

We will also have a page up on the internet where people can contact kids in need DIRECTLY... There has been a lot of bad press about the not-for-profit foundations here..so, we are not going to form one. We're simply going to create a portal where people can connect with the kids. We'll keep it up until we run out of money (hint: we're not asking for cash, just for buzz; once we get things clear and up n' running we'll ask you to let people know, so at least this idea will have a good chance of surviving).

Love you,
Cat&Bo

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Wow, how exciting! How does on 'create a portal"? Sounds like its right our of "Alice In Wonderland." Here's a bit of a scene I adore to share with you:

Alice and March Hare: Quotes: Alice in Wonderland
March Hare: …Then you should say what you mean.
Alice: I do; at least - at least I mean what I say -- that's the same thing, you know.
Hatter: Not the same thing a bit! Why, you might just as well say that, 'I see what I eat' is the same as 'I eat what I see'!
March Hare: You might just as well say, that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!
The Dormouse: You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!